Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tool #3


1.  One of the sites that was useful was You Tube.  It has a variety of videos related to health and fitness. Another website I found useful was Discovery Education.  What I like about DE is that it gives you the choice of downloading/viewing the whole video or just a video segment. 

2.  The following is a quick video that talks about the 5 components of physical fitness.

This is a link to a video on nutirition (ie: the foods we eat and physical movement and the effect it has on obesity).

Nutrition Clip

3.  I just recently graduated so I was aware of copyright and fair use already when it comes to research and stuff.  I tried watching the "Disney" video, but it was hard to understand at times and it started giving me a headache.  The other video was kind of catchy, but again, it was hard to understand at times.  The main thing is to give credit where credit is due and never try to pass off someone else's work as your own. 

4.  This is a very interesting and useful feature.  Since I do not have my own computer, I did not download or create an account.  I am using my wife's district computer to do the 11 tools.  We weren't sure if we created an account for me on her computer, that she would be able to do it for herself.  She went ahead and created her account and we were able to play around with it a little...very cool!  I could use this tool by linking up some ipods to my dropbox and having the students view videos or other resources to complete an activity or physical fitness task. 


No comments:

Post a Comment