1. It is important to tie technology to the objective so that the students know that there is a purpose to what they are doing or working on. It is also a good way to integrate technology instead of using technology all by itself.
2. It is important to hold students accountable because it keeps them more on task. They realize that it is not just fun time, but learning time.
3. I visited Thinkfinity and Learning Games for Kids. Students can use Thinkfinity as a resource to search for articles or other things using keywords. For accountability you can have them fill out a graphic organizer or a notecard with what they learned. Learning Games for Kids had games for health and PE...so that was nice. You can have notecards with specific games for the students to visit/play and then have them say which one was their favorite and why.
4. One app is BMI (Body Mass Index). Students can use it to how their weight compares to their health.
Another app is Calorie Counter. Students can use it to see the nutritional value of the foods they eat.
Another app is RunKeeper Pro. Students can use it to keep track of their mileage, calories burned, exertion graph, time spent exercising and miles per hour.
5. Other ways to use the ipod could be to take notes of what type of physical activities they did for the day/week along with what they eat. I need to look into other health fitness apps and see how I can incorporate them into my centers/health fitness time.